Monday, May 11, 2015

8) Field Trip 2

This weekend was a whirlwind of emotions. I had such a good experience spending time in my ancestor homeland of Poland. This was my first time being to Poland and I could say it was just my style. We stayed in Krakow for two nights in which we explored the biggest town square in Central Europe. One of the most famous items in Krakow is stone called Amber which is actually sap from ancient trees that is found under ground around Krakow that has been there for millions of years.
               The first day of being in Krakow we toured the salt mine a little bit outside the city. This was such a huge place! This mine was used for over 300 years and I couldn’t picture what it looked like before they made it into a museum.
 After we checked into our hostel we were free to do whatever we wanted, the city was very alive because it was a Friday. A few of us walked around the square and went to the park. After a while of walking we sat in the main square and had a couple of drinks chatting away.
               The next morning we woke up pretty early to look through the castle and treasury. After the museums I found the best burger place that tops any hamburgers that I have had in Europe. This hamburger reminds me of home, because Nebraska is very well known for their good beef.

               That night I went to bed early knowing that I needed to prepare myself for a life changing experience in the morning. On Sunday morning after a little bit of rain fall we visited Auschwitz. I have learned about Auschwitz trough out high school and college but not pictures of this place can describe how it feels besides actually being there. I felt so sick hearing all the stories that the Nazis would do to these innocent people. I never thought I would be able to visit Auschwitz in my life and have learned so much from these field trips of actually visiting of what I have learned about in the classroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment