Saturday, June 13, 2015

9) Field trip 3

This was by far my favorite field trip of the study aboard program. The field trip was the last time our class was all together. We had become so close to each other that we were like a family. So this field trip was bitter sweet because we all knew after the week was up everyone would go on separate ways and the study aboard program would be finished. So we made the most out of the final days we had in the Czech Republic being with one another.
The groups that I am leaving with are all different people then the ones that I arrived with. We all went through our ups and downs but in the end made a bond with each other that can be called upon years later. Even after college if we just meet up for a day. The memories are embedded within us and nothing can take these experiences away.
Throughout the last week we saw so many of the Czech Republic hidden gems. These small towns were wonderful to stay the night in. The first night of our trip we ate at a restaurant that had the smallest brewery in the Czech Republic in the back of the place.
I also had the Chance to go to one of the most unique churches I think I will ever visit in my life. This church was made of bones from 8,000 humans. However, it wasn’t about the site seeing anymore I felt. Through the last two months we had our well share of churches, castles, and museums. So the last trip like I said before was cherishing the time we had left with one another.
All of the people that came on the study aboard were different majors. This meant we all had our own personalities which made the experience so much better. We were from all different walks of life and we came together to become a family which I think is one of the most important parts of a study aboard.

The best bonding moment we had was also our last. We all got onto rafts and rafted down the river, laughing about all of the great times we had with one other. I would never think of changing the group I came with or for another location. This was the best group and location I could have asked for and I am so happy to have been given this opportunity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment