Monday, April 20, 2015

Field trip

            On this field trip our group went to Vienna the capital of Austria and Venice, Italy. The first day in Vienna we went to the treasury where all the jewels over the years have been collected. After we toured through the treasury I decided to walk around.
This was the first day where I started to really walk long distances throughout the day looking at everything. On my iPhone I have an app that tells me how far I have walked in a day. Before this trip I was averaging around 5 miles. But on the start of this field trip my daily walking doubled to 10 miles.
The second day of the field trip the group met and watched a horse show and toured the natural science museum. The natural science museums was my favorite museum I have been to on this study aboard.
The third day we packed up and went to Venice which took the number one spot of my favorite places in Europe. Venice has 117 small islands separated by canals and linked together by bridges. Our group had an amazing time, the first day we walked to the main square and was let go to go wonder off and get lost within this amazing city. With a few other people from the group we went on a gondola ride in the night looking at all the old buildings. That night we met up with some other people in the study aboard program and just wondered the city some more until our 1:00 am curfew. We stumbled across the main bridge and hung out talking there for a couple hours looking at the water and enjoying each other’s company.

The next day our group met up and did some more tours of museum and we were told ok you are on your own now. Have fun and be safe on your spring break! Everyone was really excited and we broke off into our groups that we were traveling with on spring break. I had an amazing time on spring break. My group went to Cinque Terre, Florence, and Rome for the week. One of the best spring breaks I have ever had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment